This recipe from Chef Mark is a favorite!
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Split the acorn squash in half (vertical wise).
- Scoop out seeds.
- Place the acorn squash halves on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the cavity with a tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake in oven for about an hour until they are soft.
- Remove from the oven.
- Wearing an oven mitt to hold the squash, scoop out the flesh and put into a large pot. Discard the skins.
- Add heavy whipping cream and the vegetable broth to the pot and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and carefully blend the mixture with a handheld immersion blender.*
- Blend until it is smooth and silky.
*This blending method is safer than putting it into a food processor or a blender.
Add a little bit of water if the soup is too thick.
Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Finish with a spoonful of coriander chutney (if you don’t have this, you can always substitute pesto.)
Let your guests swirl the chutney into the soup. Enjoy!